Sunday, July 4, 2010

a new kind of independence day...

No barbecues or fireworks on my 4th of July this year, just getting acquainted with new friends, new places, and nutella (ofcourse) ...it's only $2 here for a regular sized jar! Yes, I'm in London on America's birthday ..doesn't seem quite right.


After experiencing the truely literal meaning of a 'red-eye' flight, I am now completely adapted to British life. That's a lie. I'm exhausted. I didn't let the 5-hour time difference stop me though. I grabbed a couple of fellow Parsons girls today and headed to Covent Garden, a 5th Avenue meets Georgetown shopping mecca where the only thing we purchased was a twin top sheet (err 'single flat sheet' in UK terms) from Zara Home ..who knew our new beds would be sans a top sheet?

sidenote: if ever your skin is suffering from a long flight, grab Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. It's a super-silky blend of evening primrose, lavender, coriander, and rose-hip seed that work together to have your skin looking and feeling refreshed by morning ...basically, it is amaaaazingly moisturizing. Bonus: it smells yum!
I woke up this morning looking like Britain's own Kate Moss herself! Kidding. But it really is awesome stuff

So, while everyone back at home is celebrating America's Independence Day, I am celebrating my own kind of independence ...and it feels pretty cool. Happy 4th everyone!

cheerio!
em

image credits: realbeauty.com ...worth checking out!

No comments: