Wednesday, June 2, 2010

so little time

well, it's June. I've officially omitted an entire month out of the blog calendar (major oops) but May is crazy for y'all too, right?!

in the past month I have completed (& passed, phew!) 6 more classes of design school (12 down, 6 to go), begun an internship, & decided to move to London (just for the summer). a lot has crossed my mind in the past month in the way of "oh, I should put that on the blog": inspiration, creative design, & cool people that I've been dying to share...

1.) Twitter = inspiration?

Since creative directors, designers, & celebs (guilty pleasure) are the real reasons I'm even on Twitter, I'm pretty sure I am following atleast 100 people, whereas my number of followers is more than likely just approaching double digits. Anyway, whoever is writing the tweets for FashionWeekNYC has gotten me through many an intern moment...

...no matter what industry you work in, I suggest you follow them for a simple, everyday pick-me-up.


2. The Selby
is in my place!

Alexander Wang hat at his studio in New York City


If you don't already know about The Selby, then read-on so you're not missing out! Todd Selby is just a cool guy. A fascinating photographer & an artist in his own right, he goes around tooting the horns of all the other artists (how modest!)

"Todd Selby is a portrait, interiors, and fashion photographer and illustrator. His project The Selby offers an insider’s view of creative individuals in their personal spaces with an artist's eye for detail. The Selby began in June 2008 as a website, www.theselby.com, where Todd posted photo shoots he did of his friends in their homes. Requests quickly began coming in daily from viewers all over the world who wanted their homes to be featured on the site. The Selby’s website became so popular—with up to 35,000 unique visitors daily—that within months, top companies from around the world began asking to collaborate."
-excerpt from theselby.com

...enough said. now look at some of the cool things he's shot in people's homes & studios:

Karl Lagerfeld at his studio in Paris
...& his AMAZING library of books



(fashion is huge, but oh-so-small!)


the George Tavern in London
...going looking for this one in July no doubt!

k, I just got way excited about Mr. Selby ...will have to save the rest for later!

xoxo, e

...oh & I know it's been a while, but don't give up on me yet! i'm taking you from NYC to NC to the UK and back this summer if you stick around...

No comments: