Saturday, June 19, 2010

i go back

Exhausted from the runway that was my Tuesday, I hit another type of runway Thursday & flew home to Raleigh for the exxxtra long weekend. Found these fun books yesterday dated from 1931 through 1937 & reminiscent of Nana's college days at Winthrop University in SC (an all-girls school when she was there) ... apparently Mom's been shuffling through the storage unit again... I thought them fun to share:


the covers read 'autographs'


both books have this little ditty on the first page
notice Nana's stamp at the top:)



The remaining pages were filled with her friends 'autographs',
similar to what we would've written in high school
yearbooks, but with words like swell & dapper.
And apparently much more cleaver...

'I love you once
I love you twice
I love you better
than cats love mice'
-Anna on October 21, 1937
we would've been friends, I'm sure


'You know first impressions are the lasting ones.
From the very moment I saw you, I knew you were a sweet girl...'
-Margaret of Anderson, SC
I can only pray that if I had an autograph book, friends would sign mine this way:)
...& I would really like to know what was discussed during those
'bathroom chats' Margaret mentioned!



and I leave you with, admittedly, my favorite:
in 1933 Agnes writes:
'If at first you don't succeed (suck-seed) maybe it's a seedless orange.'
i love her.



No comments: