Saturday, April 17, 2010

the souk

The Zac Posen for Target opening night was mayhem ...a luxe party atmosphere complete with red carpet, celebs, and new 'it' band, but with racks of clothes and gobs of girls scattering about. In Zac's words,

“We live in the souk! Listen, this is my quote for the night — we live in the souk. We work, we play, we create, we pay, we get paid. It’s all part of the hustle and bustle that builds our country, and it starts in New York.” -nymag

I have recently been feeling more confident in my fashion vocabulary since I go to school for it now, but I'm sorry, what the heck is 'the souk'? In typical Emily fashion, I googled the term & found out that it is an Arabic term for a bustling marketplace. After discovering the meaning, I have to say that I completely agree, Zac, New Yorkers indeed live in 'the souk'.

also agree with "...we work, we play, we create, we pay"

a peak inside the pop-up shop/party hybrid:

the flowers zac bought me


The Like performing


No comments: